About the job:
CSIR Consulting and Analytical Services (CAS) has a challenging position for a Financial Analyst Intern within the Project Management Services (PMS) business area. The main purpose of the job is to provide an analytical service to the PMS group, and to assist in understanding costing structures and cost drivers. The position is based in Pretoria.
- Assist in the correct costing of all projects to result in cost as an input into pricing.
- Analyse cost drivers impact on costing.
- Assist in business area budget/forecast process.
- Prepare information for project-specific audits.
- Monitor project expenditure in line with projected cash flow for the PMS group.
- Monitor payment of submitted invoices by client to ensure positive cash flow by liaising with contact persons on the client’s side.
- Assist in the payment of sub-contractors based on project manager instruction within agreed time frames.
- Monitor, control and report on project finances to ensure alignment with projected budgets (monthly controls).
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A BCom degree.
- Knowledge of operating unit cost drivers.
- Good understanding of cost drivers.
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial information.
- Knowledge of the time value of money and understanding of costing in ‘real rands’.
- Ability to understand a strong system of internal controls.
- Knowledge of organisation budgeting and financial reporting processes.
- Ability to grasp appropriate systems required.
- Ability to ensure results is delivered on budget, on brief and on time.
- Focus on good governance but not stiffly agility.
- Detail oriented.
- Task focused.
- Deadline driven.
Should you meet the above requirements, please go to www.csir.co.za/apply.php to apply; select the position reference 300827 ; complete the application form and attach your CV.
Closing Date: 06 February 2012
Job Advert: http://www.csir.co.za
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
The CSIR gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.