(Actuarial Discipline) – 2012
The Financial Services Board (FSB) supervises insurers, pension funds, friendly societies, exchanges, central securities depositories and collective investment schemes. It is committed to fair treatment of both users and providers of financial services and acts to minimise the potential systemic risks in the industry. The FSB is based in Ashlea Gardens, Menlo Park, Pretoria.
The FSB invites applications from students pursuing (current university students) or currently in Grade 12 who intend pursuing studies in the actuarial science field in the year 2012. The successful candidates will be required to enter into a workback contract with the FSB, proportional to the number of years they have been funded by the organisation.
Current university students:
- Must have passed their 1st or 2nd year of studies with an average of at least 65%
- The applicant should forward their academic record with their letter of application
Grade 12 learners:
- Should have obtained at least an A in Mathematics and a B in English in their last two examinations
- The final decision will be based on final examination results
Value of the bursary
The Bursary will cover the following:
- Registration and tuition fees
- Full residential fees
- Textbooks relevant to study field
- Monthly incidental expenses allowance
The bursars will be required to spend a minimum of four weeks per year at the FSB for experiential learning.
How to Apply:
These bursaries are targeted for designated South African citizens only. Interested students/learners should forward their letter of application, letter of motivation, brief CV and academic results/record to the address below.
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Postal Address: Mr Lebogang Lebeko, Learning and Development Manager, Financial Services Board, P.O. Box 35655, Menlo Park, 0102
- Telephone Number: Ms Marisa Desanto: (012) 428 8140 or Mr Lordwin Shai: (012) 428 8149 [Please direct all enquiries to them]
- Closing Date: 12 August 2011