Closing Date: 05 September 2014
The Gauteng Department of Health will provide a limited number of bursaries / financial assistance to students residing in the Gauteng Province and who wish to study at a recognized / accredited learning institution within South Africa for the academic year 2015. Financial assistance will be awarded to students from the second year of study onwards in specific fields of study.
Field of Study
|Students who enrolled and studying for 2014 at an institution of higher learning / university / university of technology:
|Grade 12 applicants who have obtained acceptance at an institution of higher learning / university / university of technology:
NB: Students applying for Radioography must apply at the Radiography Departments at the Following Hospitals:
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital
- Charlotte Maxeke JHB Academic Hospital
- Helen Joseph Hospital
- Steve Biko Academic Hospital
- Rahim Moosa Mother and Child (Former Coronation) Hospital
- George Mukhari Academic Hospital
- Tambo Memorial Hospital
Within the framework of the Department’s Human Resources Recruitment Policy, the selection of candidates is based on the following criteria: Preference will be given to:
- Applicants that are South African citizens
- Application Forms
- Students that excel academically and /or demonstrate potential with at least a C Symbol Aggregate in Matric. (When applicable – see Bursaries offered for grade 12 applicants).
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme
- Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the department as scarce skills at recognized accredited Higher learning institutions within South Africa.
- South African citizens who, for all intents and purposes, are permanently residing in Gauteng Province and coming from disadvantaged background.
How to Apply
Post: 37 Sauer Street, Johannesburg, Private Bag X085, Marshalltown, 2107 or
Hand-delivered: Gauteng Department of Health No. 1 Rissik, Penmore Building, JHB, Ground Floor.
Enquiries: (011) 355 3847 / 3514
NB: If you do not receive any response from us within 3 month after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.