CLOSING DATE: 16 May 2016
Applicants are Invited to apply (o study towards the Diploma in Nursing (General Psychiatric Community and Midwifery) Ann Latsky Nursing College • Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College . SG Lourens Nursing College
- Must be a South African citizen, 35 years of age o younger and residing in the Gauteng Province
- In possession of one of the following school leaving certificates A Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health (Level 4).
- The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4. Life Sciences Level 4 end an APS of 25 (Life orientation counts half the score)
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% In Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language. Maths/Maths Literacy. Ute Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System. Public Health. The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES: • Problem-solving ability • Patience • Love for people • Organisational ability • Leadership ability • Flexibility • A sense of humour • Calmness during a crisis • Communication, numeracy and life skills • Computer literacy • Study skills • Honesty • Compassionate and caring individuals who are prepared and willing to work night duty, weekends and public holidays are Invited to apply for a limited number of Student Nurse posts.
All short-listed candidates will undergo a compulsory assessment and following further shortlisting an interview. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a medical surveillance, including a medical examination and security verification of all documentation.
NOTE: Applicants are required to scan and attach matric certificate/statement of grade 12 results or final Grade 11 report (results)
The Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful students in the form of a bursary on an annual basis until completion of the programme.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS: Must be submitted website http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED: • To sign a bursary contract in the event that a bursary is awarded • To attend lectures• To be prepared to work shifts, public holidays weekends and nights In the Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and Clinics.
ENQUIRIES: Gauteng Central Selection. tel. (011)644 -8946 or 08600 11000