Closing Date: 15 September 2016
The Gauteng Department of Human Settlements will provide a limited number of bursaries / financial assistance to students residing in the Gauteng Province and who wish to study at a recognised / accredited learning institution within South Africa for the academic year 2017. Financial assistance will be awarded to students from the first year of study in specific fields of study.
The purpose of the bursary scheme is to provide financial assistance for the education, training and skills development of historically disadvantaged South Africans who are considering a career in the Built Sciences and related professions. The bursary scheme is committed to achieving the Employment Equity imperatives within the National Skills Development Strategy and the strategic priorities of the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements.
The bursary scheme promotes career development within identified scarce skills and professions in the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements. Applicants must demonstrate a willingness to be part of a dedicated and skilled workforce committed to serve the population of Gauteng and all South Africans.
Within the framework of the Department’s Human Resources Recruitment Policy, the selection of candidates is based on the following criteria: Preference will be given to:
- Applicants that are South African citizen
- Students that excel academically and/or demonstrate potential with at least a C symbol aggregate in Matric
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary schem
- Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the Department as scarce skills at recognised accredited Higher Learning Institutions within South Africa
- South African citizens who, for all intents and purposes, are permanently residing in Gauteng Province and coming from a disadvantaged background
- Applicants who have obtained acceptance at an Institution of Higher Learning – University/University of Technology.
People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: All successful applicants will be required to enter into contractual agreements with the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements.
Applications for bursaries and financial assistance are invited in the following fields, for the 2017 academic year for full-time studies:
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying, Landscape Technology
- Town and Regional Plannin
- Architecture, Architectural Technology
- Construction Management
- Urban and Rural Studies
- Construction Science
- Development Planning Studies
- Land Surveying
- Environmental Planning and Development
- Human Settlements Qualifications
- Geographic Information System
- Industrial Engineering
- Surveying, Property Economics
- Building Surveying
- Landscape Architecture.
How to Apply
Application forms will also be made available by the Bursary Section of the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements based at the Bank of Lisbon Building, No 37 Pixley Seme (Sauer) Street, Johannesburg.
Applicants can hand deliver the completed application forms to the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements at Bank of Lisbon Building, No 37 Pixley Seme (Sauer) Street, Johannesburg.
Faxed or e-mailed copies will not be considered; only completed applications and certified copies will be considered.
Should you have any queries, please contact the Bursary Section Team at (011) 355-4094/ 4158/4093.
If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.