Government Communication and Information System hereby offers internship opportunities to South African graduates and post graduates.
Applications are invited from candidates in the following disciplines/fields of study:
- Financial Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Risk Management
- Human Resource Management
- Policy Analysis
- Development Communication
- Community Development Studies
Who is eligible to apply
- Unemployed South African graduates/postgraduates:
- with a tertiary qualification in any of the above mentioned fields of study
- who have not been previously employed under any internship programme.
Applications must be submitted on Z83 form, obtainable from any public departments or www.gov.za, stating the field for which the intern is applying (from the above list). A CV, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts, and Identity document must be attached. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not considered.
Interns will be placed in
- Pretoria (6)
- Mpumalanga (1)
- Eastern Cape (1)
- KZN (1)
- Free State (1)
Note: Will receive monthly stipend. Short –listed candidates will be required to attend interviews to determine their suitability. Correspondences will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing date: 17 February 2012
Enquiries: Rina Van Berg Tel 012 314 2282 or Piet Lebelo Tel 012 314 2816
Human Resource contact person: Ms June Harris, Fax 012 326 4585 or E-mail: email@example.com
- Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment form (Z.83) [PDF] 31 kb. Please print and complete the form or obtain it from any Public Service department.
- Your application should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications and a comprehensive CV and identity document.
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw this advertisement, to: GCIS, Private Bag X745, Pretoria, 0001, or hand delivered to Midtown Building, 356 Vermeulen Street, Pretoria, for attention Mr S Matshageng.
GCIS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Disabled applicants are welcome to apply. It is the intention of the department to promote representivity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. Candidates whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. An indication in this regard will expedite the processing of applications. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).