Closing Date: 16 October 2015
The Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development is committed to youth and skills development in the country in line with the National Skills Development Strategy. The bursary programme aims to promote quality education and skills development within the critical and scarce skills sectors linked to the Core Business of the department.
- Be a full time student
- Academic potential/satisfactory academic performance (academic progress report if already at an institution)
- Provisional acceptance or proof of registration at an institution of higher learning
Bursaries will be awarded for the prescribed duration as determined by the learning institution for the Degree / B-Tech. Fields of study: Applications are invited from candidates in the following fields of study:
- BSc / BEng / BTech: Civil / Structural Engineering (Ref: GPDID 2015 / 16 / 1)
- BSc / BEng / BTech: Mechanical Engineering (Ref:GPDID 2015 / 16 / 2)
- BSc / BEng / BTech: Electrical Engineering (Ref:GPDID 2015 / 16 / 3)
- BSc / BTech: Architecture / Quality / Surveying / Construction Management / Interior Design (Ref: GPDID 2015 / 16 / 4)
- BCom: Supply Chain Management (Ref: GPDID 2015 / 16 / 5)
Value of Bursary
The bursary will cover the registration and tuition fees payable directly to the institution of learning. Prescribed Text Books and equipment. Student Accommodation (Detailed motivation to be attached to the Bursary Application).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to complete the GDID Bursary Application form, obtainable from any GDID office or from the website www.gpg.did.gov.za. Accompanied by a certified copy of your Identity Document, all educational qualifications, grade 12 certificate, or a copy of your academic record which confirms completion. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered.
Applications must be hand delivered to reception area at 11 Diagonal Street, ABSA Bank Building, Johannesburg.
Enquries: Mr. Frank Sape or Mr. Matome August: 011 355 5000