Location: East London
Closing Date: 13 July 2012
Core Purpose of the Job
Assist in the design and implementation of road projects.
Key Performance Areas
- Preparation of technical proposals.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Assist with preparation of design reports.
- Assist Project Leader to establish and monitor programmes, time and cost budgets and deadlines for all projects.
- Prepare tender documentation for approval by the Project Leader.
- Quality Management:
– Preparation and maintenance of a project quality file, conforming to minimum content standards set by the COO and QMS. Ensure that phase/task/project specific quality plans, processed and procedures are implemented. Ensure that product quality meets the client’s requirements and expectations.
- Undertake planning and design work as well as construction supervision.
B Eng / BSc Eng or B Tech Civil Engineering
- 0 – 3 years post graduation experience in road pavement design
- 0 – 3 years geometric design of roads
Person Requirements (Core)
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Computer Literate
- Attention to detail
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Customer focus
- Team player
- Good interpersonal skills at all staff levels