- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- BCom (Financial Management)
- Mining Survey
- Registration & Tuition fees
- Residence & Meals fees
- Prescribed textbook
- Personal allowance
- Payment of any compulsory excursion or seminar which may be required
- An allowance towards a laptop & Printer
- Paid vacation work, where applicable
In determining successful candidates, a combination of the following criteria will be applied:
- In line with the Company’s Social and Labour Plans, successful candidates will come from the local communities where Glencore Coal South Africa owned and managed operations are located;
- The ability of the parents/guardians to fund tertiary education; and Matric results.
- Engineering disciplines candidates must obtain a minimum rating of 6 (70%-79%) in mathematics and science, 5 (60%-69) English and as per requirement of institutions
- The candidates must obtain a minimum rating 5 (60%-69%) in Mathematics, Accounting and English to be considered in Finance
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a service obligation with Glencore Coal SA
- Successful candidates must be in possession of a valid certificate of fitness or be fit enough to obtain one prior to the commencement of Bursary Award
Description of information to be included in the application letter:
- What do you do at present [e.g. Grade 12, 1st or 2nd year]
- What is your preferred field or your current field of study?
- Certified copy of ID, latest results, if currently in Grade 12 include Grade 11 results.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.