The positions are for junior process engineers with the expectation that after 3 years the engineers would be semi- autonomous in mineral processing design. During this engineering cadetship the engineer’s performance will be evaluated on a 6 monthly basis and salary increments could be commensurate with the appraisal.
Graduate Process Engineers (B.Eng / B.Sc Metallurgical or Chemical)
- Knowledge in metallurgical modelling.
- Assist in the design and preparation of specifications for metallurgical process plants.
- Understanding of extractive metallurgy unit operations.
- Development of mass and energy balances
- Development of PFDs, P&ID’s, technical specifications and technical evaluations
- Interact with clients/client’s representatives in order to ensure quality and cost effective deliverables in a timely manner.
- Assist in the development and management of metallurgical test work programs, typically carried out by a third party laboratory.
Each junior engineer will be mentored by a senior process engineer or a process consultant.
The positions will be based in Johannesburg, accommodation and transport is not included however temporary arrangements could be made for exceptional cases.
Person requirements The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills as well as being a dedicated team player. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven graduate engineer who has a desire to embark on a career in process plant design and project execution. Exposure will be given to process plant design, commissioning as well as plant operations experience within MINOPEX.
- Bachelor of Chemical (Mineral Processing) or Metallurgical Engineering.
- Eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer with ECSA.
How to apply
Email a covering letter, CV and transcripts of your academic results to: [email protected] (Guidelines: www.puffandpass.co.za/templates )
Subject(s) Engineering – Chemical, Process and Food
Location(s) Cape Town
Offer valid till: 20 December 2011