Location: GrandWest Casino
Closing Date: 02 April 2012
- To assist the Creative Manager in the production and erection of all point of sale material for projects as well as with internal communications; support the department with the creation / adaptation of leaflets, email designs, design proposals, logo usages, newsletter designs, presentations, and other design applications.
- This would suit a student who needs to do in-service training as part of a graphic design qualification.
Key Functions / Responsibilities:
- Designing adverts for print and multi-media.
- Desktop publishing.
- Designing presentation and promotional displays for independent projects.
- Utilizing various computer programmes to generate final projects.
- Revising and editing projects as required.
- Grade 12.
- Completed/Studying towards, a nationally recognized Graphic Design qualification.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing tools such as Photoshop, Flash, InDesign, and Illustrator is essential.
- Accuracy/ Attention to detail.
- Artistic flair and creativity.
- Able to produce eye-catching and effective designs.
- A digital and printed portfolio will be required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organising / planning.
- Problem solving.
- Customer focused.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), SISA’s internal recruitment policy as well as the unit’s Employment Equity plans.
GrandWest is committed to employment equity. All appointments will be made in accordance with the Company’s Affirmative Action Policy.