Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 22 June 2012 at 5pm
Ayanda Mbanga Communications, based in Cape Town, has an exciting opportunity for a vibrant and energetic graduate with excellent desk top publishing knowledge and strong administrative skills to step into this unique three-month internship that will see you assisting the creative team to come up with fresh, innovative and edgy designs for clients within the Innovation Hub.
Position objectives and critical performance areas:
- Assisting with conceptualising briefs
- Driving creative work for campaigns
- Extracting and interpreting briefs
- Coming up with new designs
- Ad hoc administrative tasks.
Main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assisting with coming up with creative designs for clients
- Doing research on recent advertising design trends
- Checking facts, errors, spelling on designs
- Responding to ad hoc and urgent queries from clients
- Selecting, formatting and checking colours on designs
- Working on design visuals
- Resizing design elements
- Controlling the admin side of the team.
- Advanced Indesign skills
- HTML, CSS
- Time management
- Web design knowledge
- Finished art knowledge
- Standard desktop publishing knowledge
- Strong administrative skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Graphic design/multimedia diploma/degree or relevant tertiary qualification
- Not more than six months’ work experience in desktop publishing or graphic design will be advantageous.
How to Apply
Should you feel you meet the minimum requirements for this internship position, please send your three page CV and portfolio to **************** with ‘Graphic Designer’ in the subject line.
All CV’s must include contactable references and copies of certificates must be provided on request.
Ayanda Mbanga Communications is an equal opportunity employer. Due to stringent labour laws we can only consider South African citizens and those in possession of a 13-digit bar-coded South African ID for the internship.
Please note that we reserve the right to retract/expire the job at any time and not to appoint anyone in the internship position. Should you not hear from us by Friday 30 June 2012, please accept your application as unsuccessful. All successful candidates will be contacted telephonically.