Closing Date: 07 January 2015
The Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent (MISA) in conjunction with the Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) hereby offers unemployed FET graduates (between the ages of 16 – 35), three years apprenticeship in the local government sector.
The programme targets unemployed graduates for Artisanship in line with the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS III).
The MISA Artisans Development Programme is a structured 3–year artisanship programme focused on recruiting and training young graduates from various FET Colleges for trade testing as Artisans for subsequent employment in local government to support the institutional capacity of host municipalities.
Successful candidates will enter into a three-year apprenticeship contract with the Municipal Infrastructure Support Agent and be deployed to municipal Technical departments.
Opportunities are available in the following trade:
- Plumbing x3
- FET College graduates meeting the minimum academic requirements in the form of:
- N4 Certificate (with relevant N2 trade subjects)
- Applicants must be willing and available to undergo 3 years structured training.
- Applicants must be South African citizens and residing within the below-mentioned municipality. MISA does not guarantee post-apprenticeship employment to graduates owing to participation in the programme.
How to Apply
All applications need to include:
- Curriculum Vitae Certified
- Copies of relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Proof of Residential address
Applications must be submitted to:
Director: Corporate ServicesMrs. I. Sikhulu NqwenaGreat Kei Municipality, Private Bag X2, KOMGA, 4950 OR 17 Main Road.KOMGA, 4950.
For enquiries you can contact the Manager Human Resources Manager: Ms. P. Dumalisile at043 8311 305 / 028 / 325 during office hours
E- Mailed or Faxed applications will not be considered.