Closing Date: 26 September 2014
Location: Cape Town
Are you interested in the NGO sector? Do you like helping people? Have you studied communications, journalism or English? Do you have an interest in people, communities and sustainability? Do you want to be part of an organization that is making a difference in our country? Habitat for Humanity SA’s mission is to put God’s love into action, by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope. We are looking for a multi-talented PR / social media intern to join our team.
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Impeccable copywriting and editing skills in English
- Exceptional understanding and a passion for social media and Online Marketing
- Ability to develop your own story ideas and work independently
- Extreme attention to detail and good administrative skills
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask – a self-starter
- Fluency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Energy and a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Effective time management skills.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification majoring in journalism, English or communications.
- The main purpose of this position will be to assist the Marketing Manager in achieving the marketing / communication objectives by performing supportive tasks across four primary areas of work:
- Media exposure GENERATION
- Content creation
- Managing and growing the digital/social media space
- Assisting with strategic projects initiated to achieve the PR/social media objectives and goals
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment, but also to work within a team
- Have a professional and mature manner
- Be friendly, engaging and enthusiastic
- Have an interest in social change, sustainability, low-cost housing and community development
How to Apply
Forward CV, along with a cover letter motivating why they think they should be considered for this position to [email protected] .