Title: Chris Hani District Municipality Internship Programme
Closing Date: 05 April 2013
[Two (2) Year Fixed Term Contract – R 3125 per month]
Chris Hani District Municipality wishes to invite applications from unemployed graduates residing within the Chris Hani jurisdiction to assist in its Project Implementation and the Operations and Maintenance Programme and other operations in the Chris Hani District Municipality area. The programme will take the form of an internship for the duration of two years and forms part of the Chris Hani District Municipality’s Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).
|N6 Civil Engineering (must have completed 24 months practical, proof attached)National Diploma: Civil Engineering
BTech: Civil Engineering
|Inkwanca (2), Emalahleni (2), Tsolwana (2), InxubaYethemba (2), Sakhisizwe (2), Engcobo (1), Chris
Hani District Municipality (5)
|National Diploma: Analytical ChemistryNational Diploma: Environmental Health Management||Inkwanca (2), Emalahleni (2), Tsolwana (1), InxubaYethemba (2), Sakhisizwe (2)|
|National Diploma: Disaster Management||Inkwanca (2), Emalahleni (2), Tsolwana (1), InxubaYethemba (2), Sakhisizwe (1), Engcobo (2), Lukhanji (2), Intsika Yethu (2)|
- Applicants must have completed their qualification [Proof Attached]
- Applicants must between the ages of 18 – 35
- Applicants must reside within the District [Proof of residence from Respective Local Municipalities within the District.]
- Applicants who previously benefited from any internship programme will not be considered.
NOTE: Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a practical assessment.
- Applicants must reside within the jurisdiction of Chris Hani district municipality and their application must be accompanied by the proof of such from the area ward councilors or chiefs.
- Applications must be submitted in Queenstown main administration office as stated below, not in any other municipal office.
Fringe Benefits: Medical Aid Scheme, Housing Subsidy, Pension Scheme, Group Life, 13th Cheque and car scheme where applicable.
Enquiries may be directed to and Mr. V. Kula / Mrs T. Skefile-Jaxa at (045) 808 46/89/17.
How to Apply
Application letters accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, identity document and valid driver’s license must be sent to the Chris Hani District Municipality not later than the 05thApril 2013 at 12h00. No faxed CV’’s or e- mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists he / she automatically disqualify him/herself. Appointments will be subjected to compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of qualification, reference, criminal checks and competency assessment (where applicable). If the candidate has not been contacted within a month after the closing date he/she must accept that his/her application was unsuccessful.
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section
Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320 Or hand deliver to 15 Bells Road, Queenstown