Closing Date: 7 March 2014 at 12h00
The Durban ICC is recruiting four individuals to be employed on fixed term contract for a period of 12 months as a Commi Chef for the complex. The incumbents will be required to provide professional, direct, hands-on approach in the kitchen to insure all food is cooked and presented at the highest standard consistently on a daily basis. The primary objective of the Commi chef is to work in every area of the kitchen . In order to accomplish this, the Commi chef rotates throughout the kitchen.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in Professional cookery or kitchen management
- Must have graduated in the last 12 months
- Knowledge of HACCP and ISO systems
- Extensive knowledge in the cook – chill system
- Strong written , oral and communication skills in English language
- Work experience at a Five Star Establishment
- Strong team work skills
- Prepared to work shifts
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE
- Maintaining and complying to HACCP and ISO standards
- Support Chef de Partie in menu planning
- Stock control and flow
- Delivery of a Five Star service and experience to the client
- Be responsible for the operation of a pantry during service
Applicants must be able to perform all duties assigned to them, to ensure consistent performance and service delivery ♠ have a positive attitude, and be dependable, hard-working individuals who are in good health ♠ able to follow instructions and to communicate in English with internal and external clients. Preference will be given to those with past experience in cooking in large conference and convention facilities. The applicant must be able to work under pressure, be flexible and willing to work flexible hours due to business dynamics.
How to Apply
Applications must reach Human Resources Liaison Officer, Durban ICC, Durban 4000, or 45 Bram Fischer Rd, Durban 4001 or e-mail: [email protected]
Applicants who have not been contacted 30 days after the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful. Applicants with a criminal record will not be considered due to the nature of the business.
Comments are closed.