Closing Date: 13 June 2012
Applications now open for Java Programming Learnership in Gauteng (ICT WORX)
The Java learnership programme is targeted specifically at creating a pipeline for Java Developers. It is a 12 month programme broken down into 6 months of theoretical training (class room-based) followed by another 6 months of practical training (workplace-based).
What’s in it for successful candidates?
Candidates are given an opportunity to work towards a formal qualification in Java Development as well as apply the necessary practical aspects of their Learning. This means that at the end of the 12 month programme, learners will receive a National Certificate in Information Technology Systems Development (NQF 5)
Programme participants will receive an allowance instead of a salary. Learners receive an allowance of R1 500
What is the qualifying criteria?
The candidate must:
- Be between the ages of 18-30.
- Be able to speak, read and write English
- Have completed Matric and passed Mathematics or Computer Science on HG (with minimum pass of 60%) or have completed a Post Matric 3 Year IT Qualification
- Be computer literate
- Not be permanently employed
- Not be studying at any other institution
- Not be registered on any other Learnership currently or previously.
What is the Recruitment process?
- Closing date for applications is 13 August 2012
- Candidates will be required to complete relevant assessments
The following checks will be conducted:
- Credit and criminal record checks;
- Reference checks with previous employers;
- Verification of educational qualifications; and
- Proof of South African citizenship/South African residency/work permit.
Please note that if contact is not made with the applicant by end-August 2012, consider the application as unsuccessful.
How to apply?
This learnership is open to Gauteng Province only.
Action required: Unemployed Matriculants or Post graduate students may use this opportunity to apply for the Java Learnership Programme