Location: Limpopo Provincial Office (Polokwane)
Closing Date: 04 May 2012
INTERNSHIP: CORPORATE SERVICES
(Twelve – 12 months contract at R 4,068.00 per month)
The Intern: Electoral Matters will contribute towards the efficient co-ordination of electoral matters projects in the Province. The Intern reports to the Manager: Corporate Services.
Key Performance Areas
Assist in financial administration, asset management, recruitment and training. Report writing and office administration both in finance, Human resources, Procurement of goods and services. The department requires the service of a person who would also assist with filing of the contracts for service providers.
The successful candidate must be in possession of an appropriate tertiary qualification BCom degree or Diploma in Business Management (HR or Finance related). The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies and attributes: computer literacy ● project management knowledge ● good verbal and written communication skills ● good interpersonal and conflict management skills ● accuracy ● good numerical ability ● ability to work under pressure ● integrity and team player.
Persons must not have been an intern or worked before. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates and interviews will be conducted on a date and time specified by the Interview panel.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates must forward applications to: Human Resources N0 5 Dimitri Crescent, Platinum Park, Bendor Park, POLOKWANE, 06991 Fax No 015 297 2506 or e-mail to [email protected]
Closing date for all applications: 4 May 2012. Please take note that no applications received after the advertised closing date will be considered.
“Applicants who have not been contacted by 30 May 2012 must consider their applications as not being successful”.
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter that clearly indicates the relevant reference number of the post and your employee number (permanent employees) as it appears on your salary advice
- a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae and
- certified copies of all qualification documents and identity documents.
- Failure to attach the relevant reference number and to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- All appointments are subject to a probation period of four months.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make any appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.