Closing Date: 26 April 2012 at 16h00
This post requires dedicated and highly motivated person, who has obtained a 3-year tertiary qualiﬁcation, to participate in an internship programme that seeks to capacitate graduates for a career in Local Government Finance. This internship is an initiative of the National Treasury, with the objective of building sufficient strategic management capacity at Local Government level. A training programme is currently being developed that will expose the successful applicant to all facets of Local Government – related ﬁnancial services.
- A BCom degree/ National Diploma with majors in Accounting and/ or Auditing, or a relevant 3-year tertiary qualiﬁcation, computer literacy- Microsoft Excel and Word, Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in IsiZulu and English.
- Must be an inexperienced Accounting Graduate.
Key Performance area
Received training in and exposure to, inter alia, the following areas: ●Implementation of ﬁnancial management reforms and the Municipal Finance Management Act ● General ﬁnance management administration ● Procurement administration ● Liability Administration ● Treasury management ● Payroll ● Reconciliations ● Financial statements ● Report and returns ● The Municipal environment.
- No faxed or emailed application will be accepted.
- A covering letter clearly starting the position you are applying for, certiﬁed copies of academic qualiﬁcations and a copy of your curriculum vitae must accompany all applications.
- Correspondence will ONLY be entered into with short listed candidates. If you do not receive notiﬁcations regarding your application within one month of the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful; the municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment.
Please forward all application to:
The Municipal Manager,
Impendle Local Municipality,
Private Bag X512,
Enquiries: Mr. T.S. Khwela Tel: 033 996 0771.