Job Title: Database Administrator Graduate
Branch/Department: Integrated Services
Company: Lodestone Systems Consulting
Job Type Classification: Graduate Programme
Location – Town / City: Centurion
Location – Province/Area: Gauteng
We want you to consider working for Lodestone Systems Consulting as a permanent Database Administrator Graduate!!!
Lodestone Systems Consulting is subsidiary company of e-Logics and is situated in Doringkloof/CENTURION, specialising in developing, implementing and supporting tailored software and process solutions.
Our staff consists of dynamic, innovative, knowledgeable and outcome-driven people, who attach importance to the achievements of the company and their individual work. A closely-knitted approach ensures open communication amongst all employees and that all benefit from success.
Please attach the following documentation with your application:
- Motivational letter elaborating on yourself and why we should consider you for this vacancy
- Please advise in your motivational letter:
- Possible/soonest commence
- If you have reliable transport
- If working hours from 08:00 – 17:00 will suite you
- If possible overtime requests will be a problem for you
- Updated CV
- Please indicate gender, race, residential address, contact details, subjects studied, academic achievements.
- Most recent official academic transcripts
- South African ID
This vacancy offers you a cost to company annual salary ranging from R150,000.00 – R180,000.00.
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining, modifying, updating, and providing quality assurance and performance-tuning for database, according to software specifications, IT protocols, and established business rules.
- Conducts monitoring of appropriate primary and secondary sources to update database.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Identifies maintenance and enhancement issues relating to database design and integration with new and existing applications and systems (local and web-based)
- Ensures that data integrity issues are identified and proactively addressed.
- Formulates and documents database policies, processes, procedures and standards relating to data entry/maintenance to facilitate work across multiple applications throughout organization.
- Produces documentation for users; responds rapidly to users requests for assistance.
- Builds and maintains strong, trusting relationships with non-technical users, as well as with technical coworkers in software development roles, in identifying database performance gaps and emerging opportunities, and addressing user needs and issues.
- Works with other IT staff to coordinate maintenance of the database with other databases, to ensure data and performance integration across several software applications and/or locations.
- Monitors database activity and use; prepares monthly status reports (qualitative and quantitative) for supervisor, coworkers, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
Applications are open to individuals who were born in South Africa, or became South African citizens prior to April 27, 1994.
Please note that we are a proud supporter/contributor of Black Economic Empowerment, therefor preference will be given to African, Coloured or Indian candidates.
Applicants who meet the following requirements may apply:
- Student studding his/her Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Informatics or Bachelor of Science in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 65% academic average
- Experience with CRM and IT initiatives, project coordination, and direct user support will be beneficial.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good business acumen
- Conceptual thinking
- Good leadership capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Demonstrated success in multitasking, thinking critically, and meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.