Specific Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining, modifying, updating, and providing quality assurance and performance-tuning for database, according to software specifications, IT protocols, and established business rules.
- Conducts monitoring of appropriate primary and secondary sources to update database.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Identifies maintenance and enhancement issues relating to database design and integration with new and existing applications and systems (local and web-based)
- Ensures that data integrity issues are identified and proactively addressed.
- Formulates and documents database policies, processes, procedures and standards relating to data entry/maintenance to facilitate work across multiple applications throughout organization.
- Produces documentation for users; responds rapidly to users requests for assistance.
- Builds and maintains strong, trusting relationships with non-technical users, as well as with technical coworkers in software development roles, in identifying database performance gaps and emerging opportunities, and addressing user needs and issues.
- Works with other IT staff to coordinate maintenance of the database with other databases, to ensure data and performance integration across several software applications and/or locations.
- Monitors database activity and use; prepares monthly status reports (qualitative and quantitative) for supervisor, coworkers, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
Applications are open to individuals who were born in South Africa, or became South African citizens prior to April 27, 1994.
Please note that we are a proud supporter/contributor of Black Economic Empowerment, therefor preference will be given to African, Coloured or Indian candidates.
Applicants who meet the following requirements may apply:
- Student studding his/her Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Informatics or Bachelor of Science in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 65% academic average
- Experience with CRM and IT initiatives, project coordination, and direct user support will be beneficial.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good business acumen
- Conceptual thinking
- Good leadership capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Demonstrated success in multitasking, thinking critically, and meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
How to Apply
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.