We want you to consider working for Lodestone Systems Consulting as a permanent Database Administrator Graduate!!!
Lodestone Systems Consulting is subsidiary company of e-Logics and is situated in Doringkloof/CENTURION, specialising in developing, implementing and supporting tailored software and process solutions.
Our staff consists of dynamic, innovative, knowledgeable and outcome-driven people, who attach importance to the achievements of the company and their individual work. A closely-knitted approach ensures open communication amongst all employees and that all benefit from success.
Please attach the following documentation with your application
- Motivational letter elaborating on yourself and why we should consider you for this vacancy
- Please advise in your motivational letter:
- Possible/soonest commence
- If you have reliable transport
- If working hours from 08:00 – 17:00 will suite you
- If possible overtime requests will be a problem for you
- Updated CV
- Please indicate gender, race, residential address, contact details, subjects studied, academic achievements.
- Most recent official academic transcripts
- South African ID
This vacancy offers you a cost to company annual salary ranging from R150,000.00 – R180,000.00.
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining, modifying, updating, and providing quality assurance and performance-tuning for database, according to software specifications, IT protocols, and established business rules.
- Conducts monitoring of appropriate primary and secondary sources to update database.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Identifies maintenance and enhancement issues relating to database design and integration with new and existing applications and systems (local and web-based)
- Ensures that data integrity issues are identified and proactively addressed.
- Formulates and documents database policies, processes, procedures and standards relating to data entry/maintenance to facilitate work across multiple applications throughout organization.
- Produces documentation for users; responds rapidly to users requests for assistance.
- Builds and maintains strong, trusting relationships with non-technical users, as well as with technical coworkers in software development roles, in identifying database performance gaps and emerging opportunities, and addressing user needs and issues.
- Works with other IT staff to coordinate maintenance of the database with other databases, to ensure data and performance integration across several software applications and/or locations.
- Monitors database activity and use; prepares monthly status reports (qualitative and quantitative) for supervisor, coworkers, etc.Qualifications and Experience
- Applications are open to individuals who were born in South Africa, or became South African citizens prior to April 27, 1994.
Please note that we are a proud supporter/contributor of Black Economic Empowerment, therefor preference will be given to African, Coloured or Indian candidates.
Applicants who meet the following requirements may apply
- Student studding his/her Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Informatics or Bachelor of Science in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- 65% academic average
- Experience with CRM and IT initiatives, project coordination, and direct user support will be beneficial.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Good business acumen
- Conceptual thinking
- Good leadership capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Demonstrated success in multitasking, thinking critically, and meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
How to Apply
Apply Online ( Click Graduates > Database…)
Comments are closed.