Closing Date: 22 November 2014
Independent Newspapers is looking for exceptional graduates to apply for its cadet training programme. The nine-month programme aims to develop quality journalists through innovative classroom learning and on-the-job training in newsrooms. Cadets will be taught and supervised by some of the country’s top journalists. If you are a talented young graduate and believe you have the potential to become a great journalist, then we want you. We are looking for people who:
- Have a degree or diploma (it doesn’t have to be a journalism qualification)
- Are passionate about journalism
- Have good language skills
- Can write well
- Are numerate
- Are curious about the world
- Are addicted to news and have a good general knowledge
- Are good thinkers
- Have creative spark and show initiative
- Have a driving licence
How to Apply
If you can tick these boxes then send us your CV and a 500-word story on this topic: The moment the world stood still.
- Cape Town applicants, email your application to [email protected]
- Durban applicants, email your application to[email protected]
- Gauteng applicants, email your application to [email protected]
Applications should reach us on or before 22 November 2013. Applicants will be shortlisted. Those who are chosen for the second round will be required to complete a written assessment. If you are successful after the assessment you will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates will be offered cadetships and will be required to report for the first phase of training on March 1, 2014. All cadets will be based in Cape Town for the first three months of the programme.
You will be assessed during the year and, if you meet the requirements, you will receive a certificate when you graduate. During your cadetship you’ll be paid a monthly stipend – but that’s not all: this is an opportunity to launch your career with a world-class media company. The top performing cadets will be considered for jobs at Sekunjalo Independent.
Please note: Only applicants who have made the shortlist will be contacted.