Closing Date: 21 May 2013
Journalism Internship Independent Newspapers KwaZulu-Natal invites applications from graduates and 3rd year journalism students who are interested in serving as journalism interns. This is an exciting opportunity to gain ﬁrst-hand experience in journalism.
The incumbents will be required to work for our various titles from 01 July 2013 – 31 December 2013.
- Be graduates or 3rd year journalism students
- Be computer literate.
- Have good language skills and be able to write well
- Be addicted to news and have a good general knowledge
- Be passionate about journalism and teamwork
- Be prepared to work irregular hours, including weekends and public holidays.
- Have excellent organisational skills.
- Be able to work under constant deadline pressure.
- Have an inquiring mind
- Be creative and show initiative
- Have a driver’s licence
Short-listed candidates will go through an assessment test and thereafter an interview. Successful candidates will need to be available and committed for the period of the internship (01 July – 31 Dec 2013).
Independent Newspapers is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action plans.
How to Apply
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should:
Write about 500 words outlining your interests and reading habits. Name some recently-read books and/or articles which you found to be particularly appealing and explain why this was so, together with a detailed CV, via post / email: [email protected] to be received by no later than 4h30pm on Tuesday, 21 May 2013 to:
Attention: Hajra Johns, HR & Training Officer, Independent Newspapers KZN, PO Box 47549, Greyville, 4023.
If you have not heard from us within six weeks, please note that your application was unsuccessful
Comments are closed.