Closing Date: 15th January 2016
The Printing Department at Independent Newspapers KZN has an exciting and challenging opportunity for energetic and enthusiastic Matriculants to apply for a 3 year Apprenticeship programme.
Can you tick all the boxes below?
- Matric/ Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physics or an equivalent qualification
- physically healthy and relatively strong
- Not be colour-blind
- Have finger and hand dexterity
- Work quickly, accurately and safely
- Have good eye-sight
- Have good hand-eye coordination
- Show a sense of responsibility
- Have a certain amount of mechanical aptitude
The successful applicants:
- Will be contracted as apprentices through FP&M SETA
Will enter into a fixed term training contract with Independent Newspapers (Pty) Ltd and the SETA for the duration of training
- Will receive a stipend for the duration of the apprenticeship
- Will receive formal theoretical training through an accredited service provider
- Will receive on the job experience
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Be prepared to work shifts, overtime and public holidays
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills in English
- An eye for detail – especially exceptional colour perception
- A technical foundation would be of great benefit to the successful incumbent
Independent Newspapers is committed to its Employment Equity and Affirmative Action plans.
How to Apply
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit a written application and detailed CV by no later than 16h30 on Friday, 15th January 2016 to:
Human Resources & Training Officer
P O BOX 47549
Email: [email protected]
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider you application unsuccessful
Comments are closed.