Closing Date: 30 September 2012
Download the Application Form.
Investec, offers partial bursaries to students who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate degree in:
- Business Science
- Computer Science
- Information Technology or a Commercial LLB.
These degrees represent fields of relevance to the financial services and other key industries. The main criteria for the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential.
Applications are open to:
- Young South African citizens with academic potential who are in need of financial assistance
- Students working towards or with a Matric Exemption with a minimum of 60% in English and Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and a 50% pass rate in all other subjects. Students who wrote Matric (Grade 12) prior to 2008 should have a minimum of 60% in Maths (HG) and English (HG)
The bursary amounts are reviewed and are subject to change every year. Last year:
- Investec offered a partial bursary of R60 000 per year of study towards study-related expenses
- To cover any shortfall, extra funding can be accessed through Study Trust, in the form of a part bursary or loan with a low interest rate
Why apply for an Investec bursary?
We have a vested interest in developing well rounded individuals and in ensuring graduates are employable. While a bursary provides financial assistance, our programmes help with the transition from high school to tertiary and with the challenges associated with the job search.
All Investec bursary recipients are mentored by Investec employees. Mentors provide academic guidance and social support to students as they navigate the challenges of their tertiary career.
Investec bursary students have the opportunity of attending a work readiness programme during their 3rd or Honors year of study. This is a week- long boot camp at Investec Sandton to help students gain important skills to become employable graduates.