Main purpose of the job:
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager (L1), the incumbent will fulfil an apprenticeship position within the IT department. The incumbent will perform supervised activities within the scope of their knowledge or skills, rudimentary technical tasks, preventative maintenance activities assigned to them and will provide assistance with more complex duties.
Key Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks assigned to them.
- Assist with administrative duties within their scope of responsibility.
- Adheres to standards, processes, procedures & checklists.
- Introductory level knowledge of some of the IT product sets in common operation at unit Sun IT facilities.
- Participation in Systems Maintenance where required.
- Shift based experience and/or willingness to work in a shift system.
- Strong focus on customer service and high standards of performance is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, process integration, and problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Efficiency, effectiveness, tenacity, /perseverance, flexibility, and learning orientation.
- Process integration, good time management skills.
- Must be willing to work in a smoking environment.
- Supports and demonstrates Sun International core values.
- Passionate, energetic open and honest.
- Respectful and innovative and proud.
The IT Intern position involves, amongst others, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that service delivery is in accordance with the business unit’s SLA.
- Ensure that the escalation procedures are followed in accordance with the business unit’s SLA.
Maintaining and enforcing standards:
- Deliver standards as set out in Service Level agreement(s) and procedures.
- Deliverance of agreed service levels to users.
- Resolve user problems
- Perform the job function within the rules and regulations of Sun International, Sun IT and the business unit.
- Ensure that all new installations and/or system changes are done according to approved standards and configurations.
- Ensure accuracy in accordance with statutory and company procedures by obtaining the required score on IT audits.
- Ensure that all problems are accurately recorded and followed as set out in procedures.
- To ensure that shifts are handed over in proper and orderly manner as set out in procedures.
- Ensure that all paperwork is filed and completed as set out in procedures.
- Ensure IT assets are accurately tracked and maintained.
- Passionately and consistently assist in the achievement of the highest standards of departmental performance in all aspects of IT activities.
- Relevant degree or a B Tech in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science on any Science.
- Gaming license
Closing Date: 04 February 2012
Preference will be given to suitably qualified employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998 (and any amendments thereto), the relevant internal recruitment policy as well as unit’s employment equity plans and Gaming Board License conditions.
Sun City is committed to employment equity. All appointments will be made in accordance with the Company’s Affirmative Action Policy.
HR Contact Person:
Kindly ensure that you complete an online application. Queries relating to this position can be referred to the person above. Do not send your application to them directly as it will NOT be considered.