Closing Date: Thursday 30 November 2012
The JCSE Scholar Programme is designed to encourage school learners, with the pre-requisite aptitude, to select a career in Software Engineering. By involving the learner in a real project during the December vacation, the programme gives insight into the field of a software development in practice. The objective is to encourage learners in their grade 9 year to consider choosing a career in Software Engineering after finishing matric.
In this 3 week programme, each learner will be assigned to a challenging and interesting software development project. The student will take part in every aspect of this project and will be exposed to all phases of the software development life cycle. During the programme the student will be mentored by an experienced postgraduate student and will have access to the JCSE’s laboratories and ICT facilities.. Each learner will be required to complete daily timesheets, write weekly reports and create a final poster and presentation on the project.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- Current grade 9 learner excelling academically
- Participate full-time in project activities from 10 December 2012 (schools finish on 7th) to 5 January 2013 at the JCSE (with a break between Christmas and New Year).
- Prepare daily timesheets and weekly reports and present a poster and slides about the project at end of project.
- Travel support for out-of-area students to come to the JCSE in Braamfontein, Johannesburg
- Applications must be received by: Thursday 30November 2012.
- The 2012 application is available here
- Notification of Application Status: starting 1 December 2012
Please email completed application forms to [email protected] or fax to 086 553 7128. For queries contact 011 717 6308