Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Closing Date: 25 July 2012
Stipend: R67, 968 per annum
Duration: September 2012 – August 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep all social media platforms updated with relevant, topical information;
- Search for new social media platforms/forums;
- Maintain FTTSA website;
- Conduct market research (e.g. surveys);
- Project manage Indaba, including logistical arrangements, stakeholder communications, and budgeting; and
- Assist with logistics/administration of marketing department.
FTTSA’s staff complement is small and, as such, the Marketing Projects intern may, from time to time, be required to assist with other projects and/or office management duties.
Where such requests are within the ability of the intern to perform, they may not unreasonably be refused.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 education;
- Tertiary qualification in tourism with a minimum of 65% in major subjects; and
- Less than one year formal work experience.
Skills and competences
- Basic understanding of Fair Trade and sustainable development;
- Fluent in English (good written and verbal communications skills);
- Able to plan and undertake administrative work with supervision;
- Able to gather and manage data;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment; and Proficient in Microsoft software applications.
Honouring the memory of Jennifer Caldwell, this internship was established to empower young previously disadvantaged South Africans
The successful candidate will be:
- A black South African under the age of 26;
- Interested in current debates concerning tourism and
- sustainable development;
- Passionate about Fair Trade;
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
- whether independently or as part of a team; and
- Able to manage many tasks simultaneously.
How to Apply
Please send full CV with 3 traceable references and specifying position applied for to: [email protected]
Other benefits are as per FTTSA’s policies and procedures.
If applicants do not hear from FTTSA within 30 days of the closing date, they can consider their application unsuccessful. FTTSA reserves the right not to fill any of the above positions.