Johnson & Johnson Medical is recruiting for 12 African Graduatesto take up a Medical Sales Representative Learnership Program, for a period of 12 months during 2015 / 2016, based in Gauteng.
Learners must be able to start full time on the 1st of October 2015 until 30 September 2016.
The primary objective of the Medical Sales Representative Learnership program is designed to provide recently qualified Life Science Graduates who are currently unemployed an opportunity to gain valuable workplace related experience together with completing a recognized qualification. The secondary objective, and the ultimate goal of this learnership, is to enhance the marketability of the learner within the industry in order to facilitate permanent employment as a medical sales representative on successful completion of the programme
The learners will receive a stipend (remuneration) aimed at providing a small income during the 12 month period.
Overview of the Learnership program and main duties and responsibilities:
- Twelve-month programme, incorporating contact sessions (theory) and workplace learning
- Contact Sessions, Formative and Summative assessments are conducted by CHIETA Accredited Training provider
- Workplace component comprises shadowing, guidance and mentoring by experienced Johnson & Johnson Medical Sales personnel
- Learners will be integrated into a sales team for the duration of the twelve months, reporting to a Regional Sales Manager
- Learners will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the Programme, and conform to terms of ‘employment’
- All assessments are submitted to CHIETA in the form of Portfolios of Evidence (PoE) to evaluate competency
- Upon awarding of ‘Competency’ status for all Portfolios of Evidence, CHIETA will award the National Certificate (PSR)
- To write and pass examinations as required for completion of the qualification. · To achieve an 80 % minimum pass rate on all Internal Johnson & Johnson Medical product related assessments.
- To maintain self, equipment and records in a professional manner.
- To maintain the highest level of vehicle maintenance and driver safety standards.
- To communicate with customers and health care professional in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
Who is eligible to apply:
The program is aimed at newly qualified graduates from any South African Higher Learning Institution recognized by the Department of Education of Southern Africa, if you have graduated from any of the following professional Science fields:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Human Movement Science
- Biomedical Technology
The qualifying requirements of the position are:
- Learners must be African; based in Gauteng and South Africa Citizens
- Matric / Grade 12 – with following subjects
- Learners need to be Life Science Degree graduates (Degree certificates will be validated)
- B Sc. Degree or Healthcare related degree
- Learners must have a valid SA Driver’s License (Essential)
- Good proficiency on Computers
- Commitment to the 12 month Programme is mandatory (Will be required to sign a contract)
- Confident, good communicators, and excellent inter-personal skills
- A passion for selling and being self-motivated to achieve targets
- Positive attitude with a strong desire for learning and self-improvement
- Willingness to understand professional and business etiquette
How to apply:
Step 1: You must Apply online for the Johnson & Johnson Learnership Programme
Reference Number: JJM 2015
Step 2: Submit the following documents to LearnershipMD&DZA@its.jnj.com
- Learnership Application form with an accompanying CV
- All the Documents listed on the Application Form
- A4 Motivation Letter stating why you should be considered for the Learnership