The Justice and Peace Department of the SACBC aims to promote justice and peace action in the light of Catholic Social Teachings.
The Department seeks to appoint an intern, based in Pretoria, to handle financial functions such as taking the books up to trial balance and balance sheet.
To assist the Finance Controller:
- To ensure the smooth operations of the accounting processes;
- Capturing of cash book and journal entries on Pastel;
- Administering and controlling travel allowances and Advances;
- In writing financial reports to donors;
- In preparation of trial balances;
- To ensure that effective systems of financial controls are being observed and maintained at all times;
- In other duties assigned.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A bookkeeping qualification;
- Knowledge of Pastel;
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel;
- Must be trustworthy with a strong sense of responsibility;
- Solid work ethic, attention to detail and quality of work;
- Good communication skills;
- Good time management;
- Ability to self manage, work to deadlines and be goal-oriented and results driven;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Willingness to learn.
The intern will receive a small monthly stipend. The position is for an initial 3 month period with a possibility of extension.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please send your CV by 12 March 2012 to [email protected] or PO Box 941 Pretoria 0001. Or hand deliver to 399 Paul Kruger Street, Pretoria. Faxes to: 012 325 6125
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Justice and Peace reserves the right not to make an appointment.