What can you expect from “Us”?
The KGP program is designed to offer 6 top local graduates an exciting career in market research with 2 of Kantar’s South Africa based businesses. The Kantar Graduate Program provides exciting opportunities that includes the option to rotate between three cities in South Africa i.e. Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
You will receive a world class Research Experience and Exposure as a Trainee in TNS, Added Value and Millward Brown. This 21 month program will provide you with one of the best working experiences and a taste of what Kantar companies are about via rotation and exposure to three sister companies. You could gain expertise and understanding of branding, product development, communication and marketing strategies; you will extend yourself beyond market research to “see the client’s side”.
What do we expect from “You”?
We expect you to be Passionate about the learning’s you will take from this great opportunity.
We expect you to be Impactful to take up the challenges and contribute the best way you can.
We expect you to be Supportive to your team and the way you approach your work.
We expect you to be Creativeand be bold to explore ideas and new ways of doing things.
We expect you to be Trustworthyso you and your team can foster great working relationship and work ethics.
Main purpose of the job
- Work with your line manager to set up and run research projects
- Build a strong day-to-day working relationship with the operational departments to ensure the smooth running of projects through the department
- Checking research materials
- Learn and apply market research skills
- Learn about your clients’ markets (set up and maintain knowledge files)
To ensure that Millward Brown, Added Value and TNS offer client service and levels of research expertise that is second to none.
- Setting up of projects under supervision
- Interdepartmental project management
- Questionnaire design & management
- Preparing fieldwork materials under supervision
- Specking and checking of code frames
- Data/chart/coding specking and checking
- Initial analysis of data and report preparation
- Checking and proofreading presentations
- Travel to client meetings as and when required (very occasionally may require overnight trips)
- Internal presentations
- General project administration and client files
- Contact reports for client meetings
Minimum Qualifications/Work Experience
3 year degree, preferably in Research, Marketing, Stats, Business Science, Economics or the AAA School of Advertising.
Previous experience of:
- No previous research experience is required but a passion for brands and advertising is a must, a curiosity to understand consumer thinking and opinion and a desire to advise clients how to improve their brand’s performance in the market place.
- Previous in-house media planning knowledge / experience an advantage.
- A natural aptitude for Quant / Qual / Brand development
Technical Competencies required:
- PC literacy in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent English writing and verbal skills
- Numerical competency
- Project management
- Set priorities and manage tasks
- Manage multiple projects
- Client orientation
- Understand and manage client expectations
- Present a “can do” attitude
- Interpersonal skills
- Build rapport with and show consideration for all work colleagues
- Courteous, respectful and professional in all communication
- Organisation skills
- Meet deadlines
- Follow procedure and work instruction
- Time management/prioritise work
- Team work
- Deliver accurate work results
- Ability to work and cope under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Self development
- Take initiative
- Proactive self starter
- Commitment to quality
- Analytical skills
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Communication skills
- Clear and accurate communication
How to Apply
Comments are closed.