Location: Cape Town
How would you like to spend your mid-year vacation working in a production team at a world class software development company? Korbitec is offering internships for four/five weeks during the June/July break in Cape Town to a group of lucky students.
Who are we and what do we do?
We are an innovative software development company with a team of around 90 developers. We specialise in writing software for the property industry in South Africa and other legal document related applications abroad.
Where are we?
Our premises are situated in Newlands, near the cricket and rugby stadiums and we are a short walk from the heart of Claremont CBD and the bustling Cavendish Square mall. With the mountain as our backdrop, the scenic peninsula begs for exploration from the out-of-towner on the weekends.
What will you do?
- You will be writing software in one of our development teams. We believe that you should spend your time gaining real world development experience rather than being exposed to endless tours of the premises, PowerPoint presentations and doing off the topic work.
- At Korbitec you will be working with other team members of wide ranging skills and experience. There is no better way of honing your skills than by working alongside experts in a development team.
- You will be exposed to C# coding in Visual Studio, analysis, design sessions, reviews, Scrum methodology and professional development team infrastructure like daily automated builds, version control systems and defect tracking software.
Depending on your skill levels you could end up writing:
- Applications to generate statistics from our data;
- Automated tests;
- Data capture systems;
- Tools for the team;
- Production code.
The program includes free accommodation, travel costs, breakfast and an expense allowance. This offer is open to 3rd year and post graduate students studying Computer Science and/or Information Systems.
To be considered you will need to have:
- Studied programming throughout your course;
- A passion for coding;
- Taken your career seriously and be hard working;
- The desire to make the utmost of the opportunity;
- Excellent communication skills;
- C# .NET skills;
- Top academic results;
- South African citizenship.
You will receive:
- Basic expense allowance;
- Transport costs to/from Cape Town;
- In house gym membership and use of squash courts.
A mentoring system enables newly recruited graduates to adapt to the work environment easily and comfortably and encourages each to perform at his/her personal best. Once you have applied for internship, you will be contacted telephonically if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
How to Apply
Comments are closed.