Closing Date: 17 August 2015
SALARY: R100 000 pa
Duration: Two (2) Year Contract
NOTICE NO: 107/2015
Applications are hereby invited from dedicated and highly motivated persons who have recently obtained a relevant three-year tertiary qualification to participate in an internship program that seeks to capacitate recent graduates for a career in Local Government Finance and consequently provide sufficient strategic management capacity at this level of government.
- Com Degree with Majors in Accounting
- and / or Auditing, or a relevant three-year tertiary qualification
- Computer literacy and knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Good inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills
- Work experience is not required, as full training and support will be provided
- An on the job training program will expose the successful applicants to all facets of Local Government related financial services
To assist with general work related duties and receive training and exposure in, inter alia, the following areas:
- Implementation of Financial Management Reforms and the Municipal Finance Management Act
- General Financial Administration
- Capital and Operating Budget Administration
- Expenditure and revenue administration
- Procurement administration
- Liability administration
- Budget and Treasury management
It must be noted that, at the conclusion of the internship contract period, the Municipality shall be under no obligation to extend the contract period or to offer permanent employment tot the intern.
How to Apply
Applications for appointment as “Finance Intern” on the prescribed Kouga application forms with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications must be forwarded to the undersigned not later than Monday 17 August 2015.
For any enquiries contact Mr B Perils at 042-2002200
Disqualification: Please note that the non- submission of original certified copies of academic records and canvassing of Councilors for appointment shall lead to disqualification.
NB: Short listed applicants will be subjected to a screening process.
Applicants who have not been contacted within six weeks from the closing date should consider themselves unsuccessful.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
PO. BOX 21
Comments are closed.