Both KPMG bursaries require outstanding academic achievement as a basis. When applying for a bursary with KPMG, choose which is best for you by asking these questions:
- Do you need extensive funding for your studies? If not, apply for the Pure Merit Bursary
- Would you be unable to attend university without significant financial support? If yes, apply for the Merit Bursary with Financial Needs.
Our Bursaries take the ever-changing needs of our students into account to make sure that the students the firm funds have what they need to complete their studies successfully. We also consider the skills needed in the professional services market place and KPMG’s internal skills needs.
To apply for either the Pure Merit Bursary or the Merit Bursary with Financial Needs, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must must be studying a SAICA recognised degree at a SAICA recognised university or other tertiary education institution
- You must be studying full time
- You must be completing your degree in the minimum number of years, ie you may not split a one year course over two years
- Students must achieve an academic average of 65% (60% for 3rd year and 50% for CTA) for Financial accounting and must obtain a total average of 65% (60% for 3rd year and 55% for CTA) for the four major subjects (Financial accounting, Management accounting, Auditing, Tax) (I don’t think we should include this)
- The bursary is awarded on condition that the student maintains his or her academic achievements throughout the period of study.
To apply for a bursary at KPMG, you will need to apply for a training contract per the table below. Please remember to tick the box asking if you are interested in a bursary during the application process.
The table below highlights the availability of the program for each year based on its respective office. Please click on the tick for the year and office that you wish to apply for.
Year – This indicates the year that you will start your training contract. If you anticipate finishing your CTA/PGDA in 2012 your training contract will commence in 2013.
|KPMG Bursaries 2013 – 2017|
|Bloemfontein||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Cape Town||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Durban||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|East London||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Johannesburg||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Nelspruit||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Pietermaritzburg||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Polokwane||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Port Elizabeth||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Pretoria||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|
|Secunda||Apply Online||Apply Online||Apply Online|