Closing Date: 26 April 2013
The Provincial Department of Human Settlements oﬀers unemployed graduates residing in the Province of KwaZulu-Natal, an opportunity to apply for an Internship Programme in order to gain work related experience.
An Internship is a Public Service Work Experience Programme targeting Unemployed graduates. It is designed to help unemployed graduates, to gain work experience in the Public Service.
The Internship Programme will run for a period of 12 months. The interns will be placed provincially within the Department of Human Settlements, in the Head Oﬃce, Regional Oﬃces and District Oﬃces. The Department will pay a monthly stipend to all interns, however transport to and from the workplace, and other expenses will be the responsibility of the intern. The Department of Human Settlements will be guided by the principles of Employment Equity when considering all applications. Applicants will be selected in accordance with the skills requirements of the Department of Human Settlements. Successful applicants (interns) will be expected to sign an Internship Agreement
The applicant must meet the following requirements: –
- Must be a Graduate in ﬁelds speciﬁed below;
- Must be between the ages of 18 to 35 years old
|Degree / Diploma|
When responding to the advertisement all applications must be accompanied by the following documentation:-
- A one page covering letter motivating why you should be chosen to gain work experience
- n the Provincial Department of Human Settlements, Kwa-Zulu Natal ;
- Certiﬁed copy of your ID,
- Certiﬁed copies of all qualiﬁcations (degrees/diplomas);
- Curriculum vitae,
- Proof of residence in Koa-Zulu Natal
- All application must be submitted on the prescribed Department of Human Settlements
Internship Application Form which is obtainable from the Department of Human Settlements, Head Oﬃce, Regional Oﬃces and the website on www.kzndhs.gov.za
HEAD OFFICE: 203 Church Street, Pietermaritzburg
- Pietermaritzburg: 199 Pieter Maritz Street
- Ulundi: Former Koa Zulu Natal Legislative Building, King Dinizulu Highway
- Durban: Samora House, 2 Samora Machel Street and
- 8th Floor, 320 West Street/ Dr Prixley KaSeme Str.
- District Oﬃces: Stanger: 59 Mahatma Gandhi, ILembe House;Ladysmith: Department of Works Regional Oﬃces, Shepstone Road
- Kokstad: Greater Kokstad Municipality, 75 Hope Street Newcastle: 75 Harding Street
- Jozini: Department of Public Works, Jozini Main Street Port Shepstone: No.1 Protea Road, Marburg
- Dundee: 71 Karellandman Street,
- Empangeni: Empangeni Clinic Building, corner of Turn ball & Pearce Str.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must forward their applications by post complying with all requirements set herein to: The Acting Head, Department of Human Settlements KwaZulu-Natal, Private Bag X 54367, Durban, 4000 for attention Mrs V. Reddy.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be considered.
All enquiries should be directed to: Mrs. V Reddy (031-3365181) or Mrs. PQ Ngubane (031-3365409).
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful