Closing Date: 04 December 2012
Salary: R90 396 pa (Salary Level 4)
|Ladysmith (21 Posts)||Mídway||1|
|Empangeni (26 Posts):||Vryheíd||4|
|Pietermaritzburg (22 Posts):||Kokstad||4|
|Durban (21 Posts):||Pinetown||6|
- Preference well be given to females
- Successful candidates will be required to enter into a performance agreement
- A Senior certificate;
- A valid Code B driving licence – manual transmission;
- Physical illness allowing a person to perform strenuous exercise is a requirement. Please note that successful candidates will be subjected so a full medical examination to determine fitness before confirmation of appointment;
- Have no criminal record – Successful candidates will undergo a full SAPS clearance screening before being appointment;
- Applicants must not be older than 35 years of age.
NOTE: Successful applicants be appointed as a Trainee Provincial Inspector (commencing salary R96 396 per annum) for a fixed period of two years during which time they will be required to successfully complete the Traffic Officers Diploma. 0n successful completion of the Traffic Officer’s Diploma within the two year fixed period, the Trainee Provincial Inspector be employed in a permanent capacity on 12 calendar months’ probation as a Provincial Inspector (salary level 6) without a break in service.
Trainee provincial Inspectors who do not successfully complete the Traffic Officer’s Diploma after the two year fixed period will automatically have their employment terminated. Persons currently in the employ of the Public Service would be required to resign from their present positions, should they be successful for and appointed as Trainee Provincial inspectors.
Knowledge, Skills Training and Competencies Required
- Problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Driving skills.
- Independent thinking
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Duties/Key Performance Areas
- Conduct high visibility public information and awareness programmes.
- Maintaining committed good directed enforcement and control).
- Identifying and traffic problems,
- Communicating effectively with his/her colleagues and members of the public.
- Driving vehicles, operating machines as escort abnormal loads.
- Operating speed timing, dragger machine, mass bridge, booze bus and radios.
- Accepting responsibility for own, colleagues and the motoring public’ safety,
- Providing meaningful information to the motoring public regarding law administration.
- Accepting possibility for me condition of work related resources.
How to Apply
Applications are to be forwarded to the: Acting Head: Transport Human Resource Management directorate Private Bag X9043 Pietermaritzburg 3200
NOTE: Applicants are required to complete one (1) Application Form (z83) only and to indicate the stations on the attached form (see overleaf) for which you are applying. The application for employment form (z83) must be originally signed and must be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and originally certified copies (not copies of certified copies) of senior identity document and driver’s failure to comply with these instructions will lead to applications being regarded!) As incomplete and will be disqualified. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by The South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Please refer to paragraph 3 of the covering page of this circular for further directions to candidates.
Applications must clearly be marked for the attention of Ms NG Nxumalo