Closing Date: 30 October 2016
The KwaZulu-Natal Government is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal interested in pursuing a tertiary qualification in the fields of study indicated below:
|OFFICE OF THE PREMIER
Contact Person: Ms BM Moshoeshoe: 033 395 2652
Mrs T Njakazi: 033 395 2978
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Office of the Premier
P/B X9037, PIETERMARITBURG 3200
|DEPARTMENT OF ARTS AND CULTURE
Contact Person: Mrs Z Chonco 033 3413664
Mr N Buthelezi 033 341 3695
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Arts and Culture
171 Boshoff Street, PIETERMARITBURG 3201
|DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Contact Person: Ms JT Xaba : (033) 260 4174/4157/5180/4131)
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Public Works
P/B X9041, PIETERMARITBURG 3200
|DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT
Contact person: Ms N Khanyils 033 355 8828
Ms S Sibisi 033 355 8794
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Transport
Private Bag X9043, PIETERMARITZBURG 3200
|DEPARTMENT AGRICULTURE & RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Contact Person: Mr CM Blyela: (033) 355 9604
Ms. N.T Khumalo (033) 355 9388
Post application to: The Director: Human Resource Capacity Development
Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, P/B X9059
|DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SETTLEMENTS
Contact Person: Mrs DP Mthembu (031) 336 5209
Ms H Hlengwa (031) 336 5137
Ms M Phama (031) 336 5195
Ms X. Bhengu (031) 336 5380
Post application to: The Bursary Unit Department of Human Settlements
P/B X54367 DURBAN 4000
|DEPARTMENT OF KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCIAL TREASURY
Contact Person: Mrs. T. Suleman Tel: 033 897 4372
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of KZN Provincial
Treasury P.O. Box 3613, PIETERMARITBURG 3200
|DEPARTMENT OF CO-OPERATIVE GOVERNANCE AND TRADITIONAL AFFAIRS
• National Diploma in Information Technology / BSc Computer Science • National Diploma in Civil /Electrical Engineering / BSc Engineering Civil / Electrical • National Dipioma in Surveying / BSc Land Surveying • National Diploma in Town and Regional Planning / Degree in Urban and Regional Planning National Diploma in Photography / Videography • National Diploma in Graphic Design • Bachelor of Social Science Geography and Environmental Studies (Geography, Remote Sensing and Cartography) • National Diploma / Degree in Financial Management / Accounting / Local Government Finance / Valuation • National DIploma / Degree in Project Management • Degree in Political Studies • Degree in Local Government Law / Legal Studies • Degree in Anthropology • Degree in Research studies
Contact person: Mrs J Mchunu : 033 395 2340, Mr S Zondi: 033 395 3099
Post application to: The Bursary Unit, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, P/B X9078 PIETERMARITZBURG 3200
- Youth in possession of a matriclgrade 12 certificate between the ages of 18-35 years, and who are from the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Students in possession of a provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and wiling to study in fields as indicated in this advert.
- Students who are currently studying in the areas indicated in this advert.
How to Apply
To apply, kindly forward the following documents:
- Download Application Form (this is also obtainable and returnable at the Operation Sukuma Sakhe war rooms, Department of Education District Offices and Student Funding Office at Institutions of higher learning. Website of Provincial Departments. Provincial Government Facebook).
- Certified Copies of Identity document (ID) induding your parents’ ID and /or your guardians’ ID.
- Certified copy of Matnc certificate or current statement of results if already studying.
- Proof of income of either parents or guardians (payslip, pension receipt or bank statement).
- Proof of registration! acceptance letter from institution of higher learning.
- Proof of unemployment from Department of Labour for both parents ¡f they are unemployed.
It is recommended that those who have profiling certificates submit a certified copy.
- It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within University residence. SuccessfiÅ applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years’ equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study only at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals oc stipends, accommodation, and prescribed textbooks where necessary.
- Obligation: A bursary may be required to serve the relevant Provincial Department foc the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract unless stated otherwise. It must be stressed that funds are limited and there is no guarantee that all applicants will be successful.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Preference wi be given to students who will pursue studies at institutions within the KZN Province.
- Youth with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Comments are closed.