Closing Date: 17 January 2014
(Targeting mainly Students with Disabilities)
KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Treasury is committed to assisting unemployed youth to gain practical experience in the field of Financial Management, Accounting, Legal and Finance, Economics, HR Management, Supply Chain Management, Journalism, Communication, Public Relations and Administration.
This program will include a work-based structured approach to experiential learning related to an occupation with an aim to acquire competencies in the above-mentioned fields.
In terms of the Department’s Employment Equity Plan, a greater percentage of students with disability will be taken onto the programme; and are therefore encouraged to apply.
Who Is Eligible To Apply
- Unemployed Kwa-Zulu Natal Graduates / Diplomates between the age of 18 and 35 years.
- Applications must be unemployed after the completion of the tertiary qualification
- Prepared to relocate to Pietermaritziburg at own cost
- Must be computer literate
- Prepared to undergo a selection process that will include a competency assessment and/structured interview.
Applicant must have of a National Diploma / Degree / Honours specialising in the following fields:
|Human Resources Management||Personnel Management|
|Industrial Psychology||Supply Chain Management|
|Risk Management||Information Technology|
|Public Administration / Public Management||Public Finance|
|Civil Engineering||Quantity Surveying|
|Built Environment||Library Science|
|Management Advisory Services||Operations Management|
Applicants will be required to enter into a contract with the Department for a maximum period of one (1) year. The programme will run from 1st April 2014 to 31st March 2015.
How To Apply:
- Applicants must submit a detailed CV including contact telephone numbers, physical and postal address, certified copies of ID, qualification(s), statement of results and a covering essay motivating why he/she wants to participate in the internship programme.
- Clearly state the field you are applying for, e.g. Financial Management, Legal and Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Journalism, Communication, Public Relations or Administration, etc.
- Applications must be marked for the attention of: Mr A. Zulu, Head of Provincial Treasury, Human Resource Management and Development, PO Box 3613, Pietermaritzburg, 3200 or hand-delivered to: Treasury House, 145 Chief Albert Luthuli Street, Pietermaritzburg.
- Enquiries can be directed to Ms R. Baldeo, tel. (033) 897 4403.
Faxed, e-mailed or late applications will NOT be accepted.