Closing Date: 16 April 2013
This is an Intern position reporting to the Communications Officers. It is a fixed –term contract of 1 year. Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position.
Position purpose: The incumbent will learn theoretical and practical skills within the field of communications so as to build and gain practical and hands-on experience through experiential learning, based on the Internship agreement, and will assist the Communications Department to implement the communications outputs.
- Receive and distribute supplies for the Communications Department
- Assist with the co-ordination of events
- Assist with the development of relations with the media and the communications stakeholders
- Assist with the implementation of Legal Aid SA’s public relations initiatives
- Assist with corporate identity quality control
- Report on all regional communications activities
- Assist with the responsibility for media interviews and queries
- Assist with departmental administration and finance
- Assist with daily media monitoring
- Liaise with the Training and Development Department to ensure that appropriate Internship documents and reports are updated monthly
- Maintain departmental database
- Recognised Grade 12 certificate
- Proof of registration with a recognized tertiary institution
- Studying towards a tertiary qualification in Communications
- Ready to serve an Internship according to the rules and regulations of the tertiary institutions
Competencies (skills, knowledge and attributes) required:
How to Apply:
Forward applications to: [email protected]
A detailed Curriculum Vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 16 April 2013, quoting the relevant reference, to the contacts mentioned at each post or apply
Should you not hear from us within 2 months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Comments are closed.