Closing Date: 17 March 2017
The Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (L GSETA) invites students who are interested in joining the local government sector to ap ply for our bursary opportunity.
The LGSETA will only fund a course which falls within the scarce and critical skills areas in local government.
In making the final selection, first preference will be given to: – Previously Disadvantaged Individuals – People with Disabilities Bursaries are available to st udents who are registered with any of the Public Universities, Universities of Technology and TVET Colleges in South Africa . The bursary will cover the cost of registration, tuition, books and residence fees for up to the maximum amount of R50 000 per annum.
- INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED (this includes forms with missing documents) .
- The LGSETA does not take responsibility a nd will not be held liable for any forms which were undelivered or missing.
- Student s who are granted a bursary from another organisation/institution are obliged to inform the LGSETA. In the case that a student is granted a bursary from another organisation /institution t he LGSETA ha s the right to withdraw funding awarded.
- The LGSETA bursary is an annual award, therefore students will be required to re – apply annually.
- Non – South African students will not be considered.
- It must be a full qualification that is accredited on the NQF / NCV / N Levels and must be a year or over programme.
- The student must be enrolled at a public institution.
- The student must be within the youth age group (18 – 35 years ).
- The student must be unemployed.
Documents to be submitted:
- Certified copy of your ID.
- If you are in your first year at an institution, include a certified copy of your Grade 12 results , and continuing students must include previous year academic results.
- Attach highest grade and qualification achieved including results.
- Attach proof of registration
- Fee structure (Quotation , Account statement or invoice from the institution) , books and residence costs.
- Proof of Income / Affidavit (for unemployed), and certified ID copies o f parent / guardian.
How to Apply
Apply Online for the LGSETA: Bursary / Scholarship Programme 2017
There is a limited number of bursaries available and should you not have received any correspondence from LGSETA within 30 days from the closing date, please conside r your application as unsuccessful.