Closing Date: 31 October 2012 (16h30)
The Limpopo Department of Agriculture Says:
The Limpopo Department of Agriculture is committed to support tertiary education in the Agricultural sector by offering bursary opportunities to first and continuing students. The Department is offering a limited number of bursaries for the 2013 academic year in the following fields of Agriculture:
- BSc: Agricultural Engineering
- BSc: Aquaculture
- BSc: Veterinary Medicine
- NDip: Mechanical Engineering
- NDip: Electrical Engineering.
What the Bursary Offers
The bursary will cover registration ● tuition ● accommodation and meals ● prescribed books and monthly allowances
Cost That the Bursary Excludes:
Private accommodation ● extramural activities ● insurance ● funeral ● stationery and a computer/laptop
Bursaries are limited to full-time study of Agriculture related fields at accredited universities and universities of Technology in South Africa.
- The bursar must not be a holder of any other bursary
- Previous years’ outstanding debts will not be covered by the bursary and
- The applicant should be registered or is eligible for registration at an accredited tertiary institution.
- Letter of acceptance from the university or university of Technology for matriculants
- Academic pass in grade 12 with Mathematics and Science both at 60% or higher
- No bursaries will be granted to existing students who are not promoted to the next year of study and have failed more than half of the modules
- Applicants from designated groups will be given first preference
- South African citizens will be given first preference and
- Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of proof of income from guardian/parents
- Letter of admission from tertiary institution
- Full academic history or students already at University or University of Technology
- Grade 12’s final results for matriculants
- Proof of residence and
- Academic performance.
How to Apply
Download Application Form
Interested qualifying students should submit completed application forms and supporting documents to:
The Head of Department: Department of Agriculture
69 Biccard Street
Private Bag X9487
- Applicants should note that correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted applicants only.
- Applicants should further note that if they do not receive any correspondence 60 days after the closing date, it implies that their application has been unsuccessful.
Enquiries for Different Districts
|Ms. Mokgadi Makgoba||Head Office||015 294 3308|
|Ms. Nyawa Ramugondo||Head Office||015 294 3132|
|Ms. Matjatji Masilo||Head Office||015 294 3134|
|Mr. Matthews Maserame||Capricorn||015 632 5524|
|Mr. Clifford Hlungwane||Mopani||015 812 3210|
|Ms. Dorcas Kgopa||Sekhukhune||015 632 4145|
|Mr. Enos Maluleke||Vhembe||015 963 2005|
|Ms. Rose Mahlaule||Waterberg||014 717 2325|