Closing Date: 31 August 2013
The bursars will be full-time students while Lonmin takes care of all financial obligations. A bursary will be awarded for the completion of a degree or tertiary qualification, whereafter the candidate will join Lonmin as a Graduate-in-Training, where he/she will be required to undergo a pre-determined development programme with outcomes based on the student’s relevant field. Each Graduate-in-Training will be assigned a Mentor for his/her guidance.
Fields of Study:
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
The value of the bursary includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Books, meals and accommodation
- Monthly allowance
- Medical aid cover
- 8 weeks’ vacation work annually
- Grade 12 – Maths and Science (60%) or higher
- University results – C average (60%) or higher
- Relevant computer skills (MS Office)
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to cope with pressure.
- The bursary is renewable annually, depending on academic performance
- Post-qualification, the bursar will be required to work for Lonmin for a period equal to the study period funded.
Note that preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
How to Apply
Should you not hear from us within a period of 21 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Applicants will be required to undergo psychometric assessment.
Comments are closed.