Location: Cape Town and Johannesburg
Closing Date: 18 March 2012
Media24 wants to give you… 25 Media24 Bursaries for postgraduate study in Journalism, at WITS, the University of Stellenbosch, Rhodes University and North-West University- as well as a guaranteed job at the end of your studies,
All you need is… A commitment to Courage, Integrity, Accountability, Respect – and a healthy dose of curiosity, persistence, resilience, and energy.
How does it work?
- You show them that you’ve completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline, with an academic average of at least 65% in your final year, and we’ll consider your application (Final year students are also welcome).
- The chosen 25 then head off to one of the Honours Programmes above, returning to the Media24 Mother-ship during vacations to work at some of our leading publications.
- After you graduate from your 1 year studies, you’ll be guaranteed entry to the Media24 Internship Programme, where you’ll work full-time at the Media24 publication of your choice. Yes, you read right: you’ll be starting your studies knowing that there’s a job waiting for you on the other side.
Ideal journalism bursary applicant should:
- Have excellent writing skills (English and/or Afrikaans will be considered)
- Be able to work under extreme pressure and to strict deadlines
- Have high attention to detail
- Have good people skills
- Be curious, persistent and resilient
- Have questioning and listening skills
- Take initiative
- Have worked in any media (such as campus or community media)(advantageous)
- General Knowledge
Apply online and upload your CV together with a Letter of Motivation/Cover note (why do you want to be a journalist, and what do you have to offer?). All applications close 15 August 2012.
NOTE : Please note that NO applications will be accepted without the most recent copy of your academic results.