Location: Zwartkop (Centurion – Pretoria)
Closing Date: 02 March 2014
Key Duties & Responsibilities
ACAP, an acronym for Accelerated Competence Acquisition Programme, is the Graduate Development Programme at Mercedes-Benz South Africa. This is a 24 month programme offering developmental opportunities through the integration of academic knowledge and practical skills.
The programme aims to achieve, among others, the following objectives:
- To provide workplace exposure to top performing graduates to meet the key skills needs of Mercedes-Benz South Africa.
- To provide development opportunities in key career streams that are relevant to the Mercedes-Benz South Africa value chain. A structured rotation plan will be prepared for each candidate to maximize the development in a corporate environment.
- To recruit top performing graduates from diverse backgrounds to enhance the position of Mercedes-Benz South Africa as an employer of choice.
- Customer orientation
- Results orientation
- Vigour/ Enthusiasm
- Self driven
- Process orientation
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Perseverance/ Tenacity
- Work independently
- Business etiquette
- Numerical reasoning
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Report writing
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
University of Technology and University students with a 65% minimum aggregate on the following career Streams:
- BA / BCom – Law (or related)
- BA / BCom / BTech – Marketing
- BA / BCom / BTech – Communications
- BA / BCom / BTech – Public Relations
- BA / BCom / BTech – Operations
- BA / BCom / BTech – Computer Science / IT
- BA / BCom / BTech – Supply Chain / Logistics / Procurement
- BA / BCom / BTech – Finance (or related)
- BA / BCom / BTech – HR
- BEng / BING / BSC / BTech –Mechanical / Industrial / Mechatronics
The main criteria used in the selection of successful applicants are academic performance (Academic Record with a 65% minimum aggregate) and relevant field of study.
How to Apply