- Reports to the IT Facilities Manager (L1), the incumbent will fulfill an apprenticeship position with an IT department.
- The incumbent will perform supervised activities within scope of their knowledge or skills.
- Rudimentary technical tasks, and preventative maintenance activities assigned to them and will provide assistance with more complex duties.
Key Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks assigned to them.
- Assists with administrative duties within their scope of responsibility.
- Assists with asset audits where appropriate.
- Adheres to standards, processes, procedures & checklists.
- Introductory level knowledge of some of the IT product sets in common operation at unit Sun IT facilities.
- Participation in Systems Maintenance where required.
- Shift based experience and/or willingness to work in a shift system.
- Strong focus on customer service and high standards of performance is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, process integration, and problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Efficiency, effectiveness, Tenacity / Perseverance, flexibility and learning orientation.
- Process integration, good time management skills.
- Independent project work.
- Must be willing to work in a smoking environment.
- Supports and demonstrates Sun International core values by being.
- Passionate and Energetic.
- Open and Honest.
- Respectful and Innovative.
The IT Learner Engineer position involves, amongst others, the following duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that service delivery is in accordance with the business unit’s SLA.
- Ensure that the escalation procedures are followed in accordance with the business unit’s SLA.
Maintaining and enforcing standards:
- Deliver standards as set out in Service Level Agreement(s) and procedures.
- Deliverance of agreed service levels to users.
- Resolve user problems.
- Perform the job function within the rules and regulations of Sun International, SunIT and the business unit.
- Ensure that all new installations and/or system changes are done according to approved standards and configurations.
- Ensure accuracy in accordance with statutory and company procedures by obtaining the required score on IT audits.
- Ensure that all problems are accurately recorded and followed up as set out in procedures.
- To ensure that shifts are handed over in a proper and orderly manner as set out in procedures.
- Ensure that all paperwork is filed and completed as set out in procedures.
- Ensure IT assets are accurately tracked and maintained.
- Passionately, and consistently assist in the achievement of the highest standards of departmental performance in all aspects of IT activities.
- Relevant Degree or a B Tech in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or any Sciences
- Gaming licence (Probity clearance as applicable)
Closing Date: 20 January 2012