Closing Date: 07 July 2014
M-Net seeks to appoint a qualified individual to assume responsibility as Television Archivist (Internship). This person will report to the Manager: Television.
- Relevant graduate and / or post-graduate degree in Information & Knowledge Management
- An excellent understanding of customer service / service excellence
- Passion for the media industry
- Catalogue ingested content to the pre-determined level of granularity
- Create a bibliographic description for all local programme material.
- Create an accurate and appropriate abstract of the content of a programme or insert.
- Assign appropriate keywords from an in-house thesaurus for effective retrieval
- Catalogue programme content, shot, scene and image by analyzing and assessing the nature of the programme, shot, scene or image (copyright, duration, etc.)
- The ability to write informative and descriptive abstracts
- Basic knowledge of copyright
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to deal with detail for concentrated periods of time
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to different situations
How to Apply
Apply for the MNet Archivist Internship Opportunity