Closing Date: 18 November 2015
The minimum criteria required include a strong academic record accompanied by a need for financial assistance. Applicants must also have genuine interest in and knowledge of the mining and minerals sector.
The MQA bursary supports the following:
- Mining Engineering
- Jewellery Design and Manufacturing
- Mining Survey
- Environmental Health and Management
- Analytical Chemistry
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current only)
- Metallurgical Engineering (Extractive only)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering( Mineral Processing)
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Rock Engineering
- Any BTech Qualification associated with the discipline / course listed above
Trades at TVET Colleges
- Diesel Mechanic
- Fitting including Machinery
- Fitter and Turner
- Rigger Ropesman
- Instrumentation Mechanician
Students studying the following disciplines will also be considered, although there are limited bursaries available:
Special consideration will be given to female applicants, applicants living with disabilities and applicants living in rural communities.
How to Apply
The MQA carries a service obligation and successful applicants will be obligated to secure employment within the South African mining and minerals sector for the same amount of years as the sponsored bursary.
Application forms can also be requested from, and submitted to the following offices:
- Gauteng, Johannessburg: Physical Address: 7 Arleyne office, Parktown or Postal Address: Private Bag X118, Marshalltown 2107
- Eastern Cape, Mthatha: King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College, R61 Queenstown Rd, Cicira Vallage, Mthatha 5099
- Mpumalanga, Witbank: Nkangala FET College, Mpondozankomo Campus, 1 Mosees Kotane Drive, Ferrobank Witbank, Tel: 031 696-8120 / 8121
- Northen Cape, Kathu: Kathu FET College, Hans Coetzee Road, Kathu Campus, Kathu 8446
- Limpopo, Burgersfort: Sekhukhune FET College, CN Phathudu Campus, Stand No 2659, Praktiseeer, Tel: 087 095 0267
- North West, Mogwase: Orbirt FET College, Mankwe Campus, Stand 230, Unit 2 Mogwase, Tel: 014 555 8860
Please note: due to the popularity of this bursary and the number of applications received, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Comments are closed.