Closing Date: 03 October 2012
- External factors which will influence the work environment taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account:
- Multicultural environment
- Dynamic, vibrant, fast-paced, and demanding organisation
- Pressurised environment with non-negotiable deadlines
- High performance culture
- Art Director
- Art Director Assistant
Services and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organisations mission and strategy:
- Overall responsible for decision making on the look & feel, all props, dressing etc. of each movie.
- Budget management of each movie costs
- Providing reconciliations of each movie cost (including petty cash, handing in all invoices for e.g. hiring, action vehicles, armorers, etc.)
- Compiling comprehensive breakdowns of scripts to establish all art department requirements.
- Attending post mortem and pre-production meetings to plan accordingly for each movie shoot.
- Briefing the Art Director’s Assistant of everything required for the block (manufacturing, purchases, hiring, etc.).
- Preparing all props, dressing, sets, etc. for the required block and ensure that everything is on set the day of shoot.
- Sourcing and commissioning of any specialized crew (SFX, Stunts, Armorers, Animal Wranglers, etc.) in consultation with Director and Executive Producer.
- Sourcing of action vehicles as per the Director’s brie
- Responsible for onset monitoring (liaising with Director and DOP on all scenes ensuring that the sets are dressed to frame)
- Briefing standby cast on all dressing and props, specifying scenes they are required for, which characters they are meant for, how they function, etc.
- Ensuring that all returns are done at the end of their movie.
- Responsible for dressing of new sets.
Education & Experience
- Must have or studying towards relevant qualification-bachelor of arts degree
- Must have passion for production
- Must be able to speak a variety of African Languages
- Ability to work efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within the team
- Ability to work under extreme pressure
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility and openness to new ideas
- Quick leaner
- Interpersonal savvy
How to Apply