Closing Date: 18 September 2013
SuperSport Production seeks to appoint suitably qualified, South African citizens to
participate in a Learnership program: National certificate in Film and Television Production (NQF 4). The purpose of the program is to give qualifying candidates an opportunity to gain work experience as Production Assistants. Successful candidates will be based in Randburg reporting to the Operations Manager – Production.
- Business Environment
- Dynamic Organisation
- SuperSport Policies and Procedures
- Fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- SuperSport business units
- SuperSport Media Solutions
- Final Control Centre
- Outside producers / providers of programming
By means of classroom and on the job training, learners will learn how to:
Prepare countdowns between the different areas involved in live productions and recordings.
Implement sponsorship elements required during live productions and recordings.
Air different sport feeds from around the world.
Compile the relevant post production paperwork e.g. FCC Sheets, Music Cue sheets, Sponsorship sheets etc.
Assist producers in preparation for production
Follow the correct procedures regarding tape recordings / ingests, and archiving i.e. labeling, segmenting etc.
Interpret the technical requirements of working in the different broadcast areas e.g. Studio’s, Galleries, SCCR’s, MCR, Outside Broadcasting etc
Interpret the bigger picture of how a product is scheduled, edited, ingested and aired.
Conduct research regarding footage i.e. how to make use of the Library, the logging system and the MAM system as a whole.
Edit programmes for different occasions and learn how to store them properly.
Generate titles for the relevant productions.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Matric (Grade 12)
- Knowledge of and passion for sport is essential. This output will be tested during the interview phase.
- A completed post-matric qualification in Broadcasting, Television, Media and / or Sports Journalism will be advantageous
- Own Transport for this programme will be advantageous
- Preferably available to start immediately
- Must be a quick learner.
- Able to work variable long hours according to shifts, including weekends.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to work under pressure / tight deadlines.
- Customer service oriented, with the ability to command.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Accept accountability for output.
- Dynamic, energetic and self-starter.
- Good co-ordination skills.
How to Apply
Apply Online (Click Operations > …)
Comments are closed.